Wednesday, October 1, 2014

A New Endeavor

Hello all!
I have some very, very exciting news.
This coming November I plan to embark on the month of craziness and creativity known simply as NaNoWriMo (or National Novel Writing Month). I have heard about this interesting opportunity several times, but only recently began to seriously consider it.
It is a challenge to write a 50,000 word first draft of a novel inside the month of November. I have the outline and characters for a story I have been hoping to get around to, and NaNoWriMo seems like the perfect time.

I have a first draft of a story nearly finished, and with a decent push I feel I can complete it before November 1st.
I am trying to encourage some other writers in my circle of friends to also attempt the challenge.

I will be making many, many pots about NaNoWriMo as I prepare this month and participate the next.

Currently I am making a list of things I plan to do in order to begin this new venture, and I hope to keep you all updated on how it is progressing.

Curious about NaNoWriMo? Here's a link to the website. http://nanowrimo.org
If you're a past NaNo participant, I'd love to hear about your experience/any tips you might have. If you're participating this year for the first time, I'd also love to hear from you.


No comments:

Post a Comment