Friday, October 31, 2014

One Day More (NaNoWriMo Prep Post #5)




"One more day until the storm..."

Yes.
Admittedly, all day I have randomly been singing One Day More. And I sent a very lengthy email to a dear friend of mine filled with .gifs from the selfsame song.
She had no idea what was going on.
By now, you might have guessed.

One Day Until NaNoWriMo

Yes, I chose the quote 'one more day until the storm' for a very specific reason.
One day more until we begin the mad storm of words that is National Novel Writing Month.
Yes. Thank you, Joly, for summing up
my feelings exactly.
All the prep, all the trouble, all the worrying, it was all just a dress rehearsal. Tomorrow the real struggle begins. The struggle to write the correct amount of words every single day, to push past even the hardest moments in the story and to continue on.
I am of two minds about this realization. Some moments my reaction is more like:
While other moments my reaction is better described as this:

Overall, I would say I am thrilled to begin this venture. I'll be making another post this afternoon with a little bit of insight into what my outline currently looks like.

Well, the NaNo prep series is almost over, so next we will begin the "Surviving NaNoWriMo" series.


Writing a whole 50,000 word first draft inside a month.








No comments:

Post a Comment